On October 1st, Melinda from purpleslobinrecovery nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which recognizes bloggers who spread sunshine and positivity throughout the blogging community. Yay! My first blog award! Thank you, Melinda. You bring me sunshine too 🙂
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you
- Answer the eleven questions from your nominator(s)
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer
These were the questions given to me.
- Where is your favourite place you have lived?
- Philadelphia, PA
- If you could change one thing what would it be?
- Everyone would live by the “pay-it-forward” method.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- The beach, the impossibly clear water…always going with my mother
- What is your dream job?
- Anything I can do from the comfort of my home and at whatever time I choose…so writing.
- What was your best subject at school?
- When I first moved to the United States and before I could speak English, it was math and music. These were the only two subjects that I could understand in any language.. After I learned English, that changed to Language Arts, especially writing.
- Do you prefer to live in the country or the city?
- I prefer a quiet, but not remote, setting. I like having neighbors, but I don’t like city traffic.!
- If you were stranded on a desert island which book would you take with you?
- Something that I could create with, such as The Artist’s Way
- Everyone has a song that makes them want to dance, what is yours?
- Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long” and Mark Ronson’s and Bruno Mars’ “Uptown Funk”
- Favorite colour?
- Do you prefer camping, caravaning or staying in motels?
- Pamper me in a nice hotel…although I’d like to try RVing once:)
- How many different careers have you had?
- For the past 15 years just one – pharmacist. Before that, I was a waitress, a receptionist, a secretary, a bank teller, a parking pay booth attendant at a HUGE international airport and a supermarket cashier.
The following are my nominees:
(Some of these folks may be too busy to answer my silly questions, but that’s OK. I just want to recognize that reading their blog makes me happy.)
- Sarah Johansson at Problems With Infinity
- Because she makes me laugh until I fall off the chair
- Melissa at Single Mom Unschooling
- Because she sees the bright side
- April at From Diapers and Tutus to Meetings and Boardrooms
- Because she can raise a toast to a day in life with small children
- Wheelswordsmith at Dad of Frankenstein
- For his wit and humor in stringing words together
I know this is not even half of eleven, but I’m a newbie myself, and this is as good as it gets for now. I have always been a believer in quality over quantity. I am sure that as I blog on, there will be more Sunshine Blogs to discover.
And now, for my list of questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is the best book you’ve ever read?
- What is the best movie you’ve ever seen?
- What attracts you first to a new song, the lyrics or the music?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What type of vacation do you prefer – loafing on a gorgeous beach or sight seeing in a cool city?
- If you had the talent to be in the Olympics, would it be summer games or winter games?
- Would you prefer an afternoon at the art museum or the museum of science?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- What is your favorite quote?
- If you could do just one thing that would make a huge difference in the world, what would it be?